4.11.2012

Personal Training: Session 12

So.  We're back to the workouts that make me want to puke.  It was only a matter of time, I guess, before we pushed to the "next level."  It's okay though, leaving the gym right after a workout with Allison means less time on the treadmill and more time outside.  It's spring! It isn't terribly cold! It isn't raining! Everything is green and blooming! The sun is shining! And, frankly, the gym has a funky odor these days.

Today was another run to, through and from Laurelhurst Park.  It's my last week of free-form running before the official training for July's half marathon.  I've settled on a 10 week program, and though I've done it before I'm still going to use a beginner's training program.  I'm not nearly comfortable enough with running to advance up to the intermediate level.  And besides, I'm just looking to finish.  I've got some reservations with this training, if only because I've been having a hard time thinking creatively about where to run.  I always seem to be running to Laurelhurst, or to Mt Tabor.  I'm starting to get bored of these routes.  The Springwater Corridor is calling to me, so I'll have to check it out.

Also trying to think of a new title for this blog.  Spinning Spirals just doesn't seem to fit my life anymore.  It did when I was 24, new to Portland, just out of college and a brand new nurse and a tad obsessed with the music of Josh Ritter.  But not so much anymore.  I still really like the music though.  Too bad the only title I can think of is "Running Sucks. " Which isn't even true.

Today's Workout
8xlunge walk w/25lb wt
25 yards sled backwards
25 yards sled forwards
10x side lunge w/ 12.5 lb wt (each side)
25 yards sled backwards
25 yards sled forward
8x lunge walk w/25lb wt
20x triceps w/ 10lb wt
10x plie squat w/ 12.5 wt

2x
10x balance ball reverse fly
10x balance ball crunches (up, right, left)
10x sumo obliques (full disclosure, I have no idea what these were called, I just felt like a sumo wrestler when I did them.)

2x
60 sec plank
10x bosu ball pushups
bosu ball balance series (each leg)
2x forearm exercises

Running
w/u 5 min
5 min run
2 min walk
4 min run
2 min walk
5 min run
2 min walk
4 min run
5 min cool down

No comments: