4.18.2012

out sick

I'm sick. Ugh.  Missed yesterday's training session with Allison.  Home sick from work today.  I've watched more television in the last 24 hours than I have the last month combined.  Stupid cold. Stupid stupid lingering cold.

Okay. I'm being slightly melodramatic. This is only day five of the cold. My feelings are pride is hurt that I have another cold.  It's been a little over a month since the last one!  Boo.  I guess I shouldn't complain, prior to the March cold I hadn't had one for a year.  On the bright side I've been able to read my library book and my boyfriend is doing nice things for me like bringing soup and medicine.

It's amazing how the combination of feeling awful and lying around can put me in a negative headspace.  I guess it's just easier to dwell on the negative while I'm feeling lousy.  Oh well. 

Whine whine whine whine whine.

It turns out I miscounted the time I have until the Foot Traffic Flat on the 4th of July, so missing this week of training won't be such a big deal.  I'll just start my run training plan next week.  I'm looking forward to having a more concrete run schedule again.  It was really helpful when I was training for the half last year.  The accountability of having paid for the program really got me out of that door.  Though, to be honest, I haven't paid for the one I'm using right now.  It's just a modification of the plan I used last year.  I figure while I'm doing this I'll be looking around for some marathon training plans, and will probably be willing to shell out the money for that.

Speaking of money, my month pass for Bikram yoga has expired.  It was a pretty good deal, $29 for a month.  Pretty much what I pay for 24 hr fitness.  But from here on out the prices skyrocket, at $15/class or $89/month I'm not sure that driving all the way out to Beaverton is worth it.  There are some yoga studios closer to my house that are cheaper, and so I'm thinking I'm going to start looking closer to home. 




No comments: