4.28.2011

sky grey sky

Today was a much better day than yesterday. A hundred percent better, a hundred and fifty percent better even. I was up before 11, dressed in real clothes before noon and even managed to eat three separate meals today. (And all of the malt balls my mom sent in my Easter basket. Yes I'm 28 and my mom still sends me an Easter basket. Shut up.)

Yesterday was a bad day. Not a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Just a bad day. A day when I didn't get out of bed till 11, didn't get dressed until 1:30, and barely managed to get out of my orange chair at all.
Sometimes the rain is simply too much. Sometimes living in Portland is like living at the bottom of a sink filled with old dishwater. It's grey, it's wet and there is an oppressive heaviness just above you.

1 comment:

CR Otto said...

But less so because KR lives there.

Seeing Kasi last weekend was great, but it made me wish you had come with her! It was totally weird to see your bro in the Garden. Will you be attending JR/DMB this Summer?