11.18.2008

Henson Moments

A song for today, it never fails to bring a smile to my face on these gray November days.




*****************

My love of all things Muppets comes, of course, from Sesame Street. I remember attempting to sing along with Big Bird as he sounded out the mysterious word that the alphabet spells. I never could wrap my tongue around it though.



And then there was Fraggle Rock. This, I believe, needs no further explanation when I tell you I still have a Fraggle Rock lunch box and that I was crushed when my mother gave away my Fraggle Rock books.



While in Washington D.C. I went to an amazing Jim Henson exhibit. I don't know if it is still there, but if you have the chance by all means go. Nostalgia for your childhood and a cheery good mood are the sequelae. Enjoy!

No comments: