7.12.2008

Welcome back welcome back welcome back

I’ve not updated this blog in approximately nine months. I wish I could say that I was doing something productive during that time, you know changing lives, doing something important, curing cancer or whatnot, I’m afraid I’ve just been too uninspired to write anything even if for a blog which I’m pretty sure that I’m the only person who reads.

I used to love writing. It used to be very easy for me to do. I’d create little stories all of the time. I remember my first attempt to write a novel. I had this five subject notebook, it was turquoise, and it was full of my story of a girl. Her name was Laura, her love’s name was Gilbert and they were the happiest couple in all the world. I was 11. My favorite books at the time were The Little House on the Prairie series and the Anne of Green Gables series…so one can tell where my character’s names came from. I also distinctly remember that one section of the book was devoted to my drawings of the beautiful gowns that Laura surely wore. She wasn’t a princess…I had no patience for princesses who frivoled their lives away being served and petted, she was a smart girl, who read a lot, who was a little stubborn, and she had a big family. Gilbert was a nice boy, they got along well and he worshipped the ground she walked on. I think I even wrote a kissing scene for them. How scandalous. Anyway, I would spend hours writing this story. I thought of it as my life’s work. Ah. To be 11 again.

I loved writing all through Junior High and High School. I took the Creative Writing classes, I was a member of the Literary Magazine, I never complained about writing stories for class like other students. I look back over the various poems and stories and vignettes that I wrote and I marvel that I had the courage to write them. I no longer identify my self as a writer, I identify my self as a reader. I think the more literature I read, and the more able I was to become an adept critic the less confidence I had in my self as a writer. I’m a great reader, I’ll read anything you hand me. I’ve only enforced the 50 page rule on a handful of books that I’ve read (Wicked…a terrible terrible book)

So I guess I’ll just fill out this little meme:

1. If you had the choice to spin around the sun, or walk on the moon, which would you choose and why?: Let’s go with walk on the moon, as I’m not quite certain what spinning around the sun entails.

2. If you could share that experience with one person, who would that be, and why?: I would go for a walk on the moon with, well I don’t know anyone who was willing to go with me.

3. What colour do you think best describes you and why?: I enjoy the color pink a great deal.

4. Do you know what your element is?: Air. I think. Yes, Aquarius is an air sign. I know because I have a book about it. Aquarius is also a fixed sign, which means that though the “air” element adds a spontaneous aspect there is a distinct lack of flexibility due to the fixed quality.

5. Do you know your astrological sign?: Yes. See above. I’m an Aquarius.

6. Do you believe that your dreams are a gateway to your soul?: I sure hope not. I dream about work quite often.

7. What is your most vivid dream?: I dream about work quite often. And it is very vivid.

8. If you could be doing anything right now, what would you be doing and why?: I would really like to be at the beach right now.

9. If you could only choose one element to surround yourself with either a)wind, b)fire, c)earth, or d)water, which would you choose and why?: Water. I feel much more comfortable in water than I do any where else.

10. Would you ever share you heart completely with someone else? If yes, who, if no, why not?: Yes. Who? I don't know. Whoever is the one who shares his heart completely with me too.

11. Who runs circles around your mind?: Usually my patients.

12. If you had to paint a self-portrait would you make it a)realistic, b)abstract, or c)you'd rather die than have to pick up a paint brush? Abstract. I like symbolism. And it would also be easier for me to do.

13. Which do you prefer more and why, a)natural light, b)candle light, c)florescent light, or d)moonlight? I like all but the fluorescent light.

14. Do you believe in karma? Do you even know what karma is?: I do know what karma, and I would say I believe in it to a certain extent.

15. How about fate? Are we all fulfilling a destiny here on earth?: I’m less certain about fate. What about free will?

16. Who is the most thought-provoking person you know, and why?: I know several.

17. Who is the most inspiring and why?: Frank.

18. If you had to spend the rest of your natural life with only one other human being, who would that be and why?: I don’t know. I cannot fathom spending my life with only one person.

19. Which sense could you not live without, and why?: Touch. Because it would be terrible not to feel anything.

20. Have you ever written on a mirror? If so what did you write?: I have. I wrote lots of things on the mirrors in my first ever apartment.


21. Have you ever written or drawn on another person? If so who, and what did you write/draw?: I have. Swim team, we drew all over each other all of the time.

22. What do you wish on?: I don’t wish on much.

23. Tell the person who sent this to you one thing about yourself, however big or small, that you've never told before.: I took this from my old livejournal. I know all my own secrets.

24. Right now is your life, spiraling, or ascending?: I think I’m in a holding pattern.

25. If you could change one thing you did in the last 24 hours, what would it be and why?: I would have not stood in the shower while scrubbing the walls thereby introducing harsh chemicals to my feet and legs.

26. What can someone do to you that would turn you on fully, physical or mental, or both?: Challenge me.

27. Do you prefer sleeping outside beneath the night sky, or your cozy bed indoors?: I think my bed outside would be fantastic. I’d like to try it, however this being Portland…I think I’ll keep it inside.

28. What is the most beautiful thing in the world?: The Sawtooth Mountains.

29. Name one person whose changed your life for the better.: My parents.

30. Name one person whose changed your life for the worse.:

31. If you knew you were going to pass away within the next few days, what would be the last thing you say, and who would you say that to?: It's been a great ride. Grandpa Art...you really summed it up.

32. Do you believe in heaven? If so what do you think it will be like?: Yes. Heavenly.

33. Would you rather a)run through a sunflower field, b)jump inside a waterfall, or c)hike through the woods? Why?: The waterfall sounds the most appealing right now.

34. What is your worst fear in the world? Does it consume you?: Killing someone. It does at times.

35. What is one thing that can make you smile no matter what mood your in?: The Sound of Music.

36. If you could meet anyone, past or present, dead or alive, who would you meet and why?:

37. Have you ever written poetry? Have you shared it?: Yes. Yes.

38. Do you believe experimentation can be a good thing?: Yes.

39. What was the last thing someone said to you?: Do you need anything?

40. What was the last thing you said to them? No.

41. If you had the ability to change one thing about the world, what would it be and why?: I'd make it happier I think.

42. If you could go back in time, where would you go, what would you do, and why?: I always felt that I missed out by missing the 60’s.

43. What is the most bizzare thing you've ever done to yourself?: Um.

44. And finally, what makes you you?: I don't think there is any one definitive thing that makes an individual and individual. It's the interesting combination of things. So it is that interesting combination that makes me me.

No comments: