5.13.2009

Wednesday rain

Yoga. Crocheting. The Sound of Music.  All in all everything I need to make a rainy May day bearable. 

I finally finished the baby blanket for my friends in Minnesota.  I sent it along in the mail, stuffing as many good wishes and happy thoughts as I could into the envelope before sealing it.  Apparently when she opened the package and unwrapped the blanket the baby kicked, I like to think that the baby felt all the happy thoughts I was sending along to him. 

(Want the pattern? Comment and I'll send it along...)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Let's talk a moment about something other than crocheting: namely the fact that all of my friends are getting married or doing great/grown-up things with their lives.  I am not. I am still doing the same things I was when I moved to Portland. I can't really believe that I'm four days shy of my two year anniversary of nursing school graduation.  Have I really been a nurse for 2 years? On one hand it seems like I've always been a nurse, on the other....

I don't know. I guess I feel like I'm on the cusp of something and it's driving me crazy not to know what it is.  I thought for a while that it was going to be graduate school, but with this crazy economy and possible lack of job security (yes...even as a nurse) graduate school simply doesn't make sense right now.  I have a job, and what makes the most sense is keeping it. So not graduate school. I'm in no financial position to buy a house. I'm not inline for a promotion at work, unless you count being charge nurse...which I do not. And yet...and yet there is this feeling in the pit of my stomach that tells me something is going to change in my life, and not just in my life but change my life. (It is this same gut intuition that makes being a nurse both satisfying and insanely frustrating.) What is it universe? Can't send a little clue my way? PLEEEEAASSE? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Okay. Vapid whining over.

I'm going to watch Maria and Captain VonTrapp fall in love.

1 comment:

your big sis said...

I wish the universe were a little more clear about what exactly it's designs were as well. I totally understand feeling like things could change at any moment and wishing you knew what that change was supposed to be.

Here's a hug hoping this week is full of clarity and beautiful yarn creations! HUG!!